Is losing weight one of your New Year’s Resolutions, or just a goal in general?
We, at Salsa in the Suburbs, want to help you stay motivated and on track with your weight-loss goals, so we are thrilled to announce our 2018 weight loss challenge!
The 2018 Weight Loss Challenge is a challenge for you to lose 5% of your body weight over 8 weeks. Here are the details:
- Participants pay $25 CASH to enter the challenge (you will get at least this much money back if you reach your goal weight!) You can pay ahead of time or when you have your first weigh-in.
- The challenge starts on Monday, January 1st. You will be weighed 10 minutes before your class on that day or 10 minutes before a Fitness or dance class that week, through Sunday, January 7th.
- For your second, and final, weigh-in, you will come in on the same day of the week as your initial weigh in but eight weeks later, also before class, during the week of Monday, February 26th – Sunday, March 4th and have lost 5% of your total body weight. (to see how much you’d need to lose, just calculate it by multiplying your current weight by .05).
- If at your final weight-in, you lost 5% of your body weight, you will get your $25 back. Additionally, all the money of the people who entered the competition but did not lose the weight will get divided and awarded to the winners, so there’s a very good chance that the winners will get back more than the $25 they put into the pot at the beginning. (So, for example, if 10 people enter (paying $25 each), and only 5 people succeed, then those 5 winners would each get their money back plus an additional $25 each, so $50 total back in addition to the prize of being 5% lighter!)
- If you do not return for your last weigh-in, please understand that you forfeit your $25 to the general pot, and there are no refunds for any reason. (you can however, get weighed up to 7 days early if going out of town for example).
- In addition to all the profit in cash, the person who wins the most weight will win a FREE Fitness or dance class, exclusive Salsa in the Suburbs tote bag, and be featured in a student spotlight article!
- This contest is geared towards our Fitness students, but anyone with a current dance/Fitness membership package is welcome to particpate.
- Salsa in the Suburbs and its staff members and teachers are taking no profit in this operation! All the money collected from the participants will go back to the participants!
- Our teachers and staff need to know how many of you to expect for a weigh-in on a particular day, so please email us or call us now to let us know you’re interested in participating!